4-2-12


{He's Licensed!}

Exactly 16 years to the day after we brought him home from the hospital and exactly 8 years after he was baptized, Trent is officially a licensed driver! He has been so excited for this and Ricky and I are super-excited for him, too. We were at the DMV soon after it opened this morning. Trent had already passed his road test during his driver's education class last month, so all we had to do was give them the certificate from the high school, pay our money, get his picture taken, and he was ready to drive himself to school! We picked up the Jeep at the park-and-ride where Ricky had left it and I followed him for a few miles until I turned into our neighborhood and he continued on to school...
Many people have asked me if I'm nervous for him to drive. I am a little bit nervous, but he has many many hours of driving under his belt, he's even driven to Vegas and back, he's very responsible, and cautious when he needs to be. But most of all, he's done everything Ricky and I have ever asked of him. He's an Eagle Scout, gets good grades, is pleasant to be around, is excited to get a job, so we're happy to celebrate this milestone with him.

Comments