6-19-12

{Our short day}

Today is our short travelling day. We are only about 800 miles or 13 hours away from Mobile. We woke up early to a delicious pancake breakfast made by Michelle. I told her that all we needed was a spot on the floor to crash for the night, but she wouldn't let us leave without feeding us and we appreciated it so much! We snapped a quick picture of the kids before we went on our way. We are super-excited that they are moving back to UT and can't wait to party with them when we get back. 

We made it through the dreaded Dallas traffic just fine and through Louisiana without getting a speeding ticket. Our luck changed in Baton Rouge when traffic came to a dead stop right at the top of the Mississippi River bridge. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't love driving over bridges. I don't have to worry about it much in Utah, but bridges are plentiful in our part of the south. I usually just grip the wheel, look straight ahead, and pretend I'm on dry ground. At the last interstate exit before the bridge, I jokingly told Trent I couldn't do it and I was going to pull over and call Annie to come get us (3 1/2 hours away). He offered to drive, and I'm glad I declined because we got right to the top of the bridge and sat there and enjoyed??? the view for a few minutes...
Three and a half hours later, we made it to Mobile. Annie captured this happy moment when Hayden ran up to our car. Not my favorite picture ever, but not bad for driving 30 of the past 38 hours...

Straight to Moe's for dinner, then to Annie's. Finally! Sadly, Taylor and Payton are at Science Camp this week so we won't see them until Friday.

Comments