8-28-12

{First Day of Kindergarten}

When his older brothers went to school this morning at 8:00, Gavin could hardly wait until 11:30 when it would be his turn to go. So, we took one last little outing to Thanksgiving Point Gardens. I followed him around and watched him play. I'm going to miss him...
He wanted to ride his bike to school, so we left a few minutes early. Harvest is 1/3 of a mile from our house...
He knew exactly where to park his bike...
...and quickly found his buddy.
One last picture before he got in line...
...and Ms. Littlefield blew her train whistle to signal the beginning of a new school year.

I have been very excited for Gavin to be able to go to school. He is ready to spread his little wings and try something new. I haven't really thought very much about what it would be like to be home by myself. And with my PTA duties and the preschool, I really won't be alone very much. But, today as I walked home after dropping him off, it was so strange not to be trailed by a little one. I kept looking over my shoulder, expecting to see him running up to hold my hand. So that was a little unexpected sadness that I felt, but I'm so happy that he gets to have this new adventure and it will be fun to watch him grow...

This evening, Lance was awarded his Bobcat badge at the Pack Meeting.
He loved getting his face painted as part of the ceremony...
And check out the beautiful clouds we got to see while we roasted marshmallows for refreshments...

Comments