9-24-12

{A little happiness in the dirt}

This morning when we were leaving for school, my car wouldn't start. My neighbor jumped off my battery and we made it just around the corner before it died again. Long story short, it was the fuel pump. Yikes...a very expensive fix. :( In the process of figuring out what was wrong with the car, Trent drove me down to the auto parts store to get my battery checked. While we were there, his truck died as well and we were left to walk home. It isn't super-far and the weather was fine, but while we walked we were feeling pretty frustrated about our car trouble and the stress... 

There is a small stretch of road between the shopping center and our neighborhood where there is no sidewalk. As we walked through the dirt we found this Alabama flag lying there right in the middle of the dirt path in our little Utah town.We were pretty excited about it. It was like a sign that everything was good. 

My mom leaves tomorrow morning to go back to Alabama so I brought her up to Dave's house tonight so she could spend her last night in Utah with him. We stayed for the evening and the boys loved that Dave let them rock out on his guitars...

Comments