1-7-13

{It's like a holiday}

Today's the day we've been waiting for since Alabama won the BCS Championship last year. Everyone decked themselves out in their best Crimson Tide apparel. Gavin and I spent the morning making red velvet cupcakes...

Alabama beat Notre Dame handily which was awesome, but the best part of the game is tied between these guys singing the National Anthem. Yes, that's my ZBB...

...and getting to watch the game with this little nugget. Seriously, those cheeks...

Yes, that's right. We watched the game with someone. I know, crazy. I told Ricky a couple of weeks ago that I really wanted to have a party for the National Championship game. I felt ok about it because we are pretty sure that Alabama will be just fine against Notre Dame. Of course, he and all the kids said "no way!". If you have no idea why, you can read about it here. So, I respected their wishes and didn't invite anyone over. But, yesterday Ricky was talking to Lex Grimley at church about the game. To my surprise, Ricky invited them over to watch it with us. Of course, I was very happy about it because we love the Grimleys and it's always a party with them. :) They offered to leave if the game didn't go our way, but luckily they were able to stay until the end. The end that we were very happy about. Roll Tide...

Comments