5-24-13

{Last Friday of the school year}

Today as I watched these two walk into school together I thought about how this is the end of a happy time in our family. Brant and Lance have religiously worn red shirts for Harvest Spirit Day every Friday since they have been students here. Today is the last day that they will walk into school together on Spirit Day Friday ever. In fact, when Brant leaves Harvest this year he will never again attend school with one of his siblings. (Unless they are together in college) He is 3 years behind Riley and 3 years ahead of Lance so he'll be at Vista Heights MS by himself for 3 years and start at Westlake HS the year after Riley graduates. So I stopped and watched them walk in happily talking to eachother...

Then Gavin and I went home where I watched him eat his breakfast and thought about how much I'm going to miss him being my little morning buddy next year when he goes to school all day...

When it was time for Gavin to go to school our fun-filled day began. Field Day for the 3rd graders...
A teddy bear picnic in the park for the Kindergarteners...
...also at the park the 6th graders had their 6th Grade BBQ and field day. Gavin was so excited when Brant came over to see him...
I got to scoop lots and lots of Westlake Blue Thunder ice cream from Emmett and Ethel's...
The fire department was there to cool everyone off...

Riley and Trent had their last day of Seminary...

For our evening fun, we dropped Gavin and Lance off at Gymcats for Parents Night Out and Ricky and I took Brant, Riley, and Trent up to Draper for a Temple Night. We had dinner at Applebee's then drove up the hill to the Temple...

They clowned while waiting for Ricky to change his clothes...
Then it was time to be serious/reverent while we walked down to the baptistry. We did family names from my mom and dad's lines tonight. The evening was beautiful and perfect. We sure love these teenagers of ours...

Comments