8-7-13

{Rock Climbing and Rappelling in Big Cottonwood Canyon}

That is my FAVORITE picture!!! Tonight Ricky and Trent took us rock climbing and rappelling on this sweet rock they found in Big Cottonwood Canyon...
Ricky drove up here on his lunch hour to scope us out a place. Then Trent and Mimi met him after work to attach the rope and get everything ready. Dave came a little later and Annie and I were with the kids at Seven Peaks Salt Lake.
Payton and Brant...

Never a moment of rest with this crowd! As we packed up at Seven Peaks when most people were going home for the night, Annie and I were hurrying the kids saying, "C'mon! Ricky and Trent have everything ready for us to go rock climbing!" And it was the most fun...

Taylor...
That was our view from the bottom while Trent was taking this picture from the top. Hayden waited at the top for Taylor and was so excited for her when she made it...

Payton watched Taylor go and I could tell she was getting nervous. I asked her if she still wanted to do it and she said she wasn't sure. I assured her that her harness and the rope would hold her and Ricky (her belay) wouldn't let her fall. She got up the courage to go for it and we were all so proud of her...
Her rappel down after reaching the top...

Riley...

Trent rigs up Annie's harness for her rappel. Should she trust him?
Bye, Annie!
I wish I had more pictures of everyone else, but it was just too much fun to be taking pics the whole time. 

Lance getting ready to climb...

Comments