Only 19 1/2 More Hours To Go.........

...until Summer Vacation. That's right, the countdown has officially begun. Four more days of school, actually four more days of fun, since their final grades have already been posted on the internet. This week, we are looking forward to Field Day, 6th grade BBQ, 4th grade program, 1st grade Pizza Party for those who read 100 books, End of the Year Parties, and only an hour of school on Friday. (Honestly, I don't know why they even bother with Friday.)
This has been an great school year. All 3 kids have done so well and have had awesome teachers. Brant's teacher, Mrs. Cannon, has been, well, a Godsend. We love her so much. I'm going to save my gushing about her for another post. Riley has also had a wonderful teacher. We will definitely miss Mrs. Luiz next year. And Trent's teacher, Mr. Bilboa, is the hippest, coolest 6th grade teacher ever. What a fun year for Trent. He has even managed to learn a thing or two along the way.
This is the last year that I will have three kids going full day at the same school. I realized this at the beginning of May when I went in to pay for their lunch. Every month I get the menu and mark which day each of them wants to buy lunch, then I go in and write one check for all of it. You can actually do this online, but I have not had good luck with the right amount being credited to the correct child's account. Anyway, when I was talking to the lunch lady while I wrote the check I realized that this was the last time my calendar will look like this:
When Riley is in 6th grade, Brant will be in 3rd and Lance will be in Kindergarten, but he won't eat lunch at school. And with Gavin 3 years behind Lance, he'll be in Kindergarten when Lance is in 3rd. But, I'm not in any hurry for that to happen. For now, we'll just be excited for SUMMER and all the fun things we'll do. Wow, time does fly, doesn't it?

Comments

Andrea said…
I know it's sad to see how quick time flies by. It seems like just yesterday Ariel and Riley were in Ms. Angies Pre-school class together. YAY for SUMMER!
annie said…
That is some fancy eatin' ya'll do at your school. No sausage portion with mac and cheese and turnip greens? Ya'll don't have catfish? Or fried chicken once a week? And who eats whole wheat rolls? Maybe we can have Ms. Jackie come to your school and teach ya'll what school lunches are really all about.