Lucky and Blessed

Yesterday morning, Annie and the girls left to go back to Alabama. The last five weeks have been filled with so much fun and love that while we are sad to have them leave, we can't help but smile at how truly lucky and blessed we are to have them in our lives. The memories we've made will be in our hearts (and blogs books) forever. We took over a thousand pictures and videos while they were here. And, while it was our hope to blog them as they happened, we were just having too much fun that blogging kindof took a backseat to actually making the memories. So, here's to lots of blogging for the next few days. That shouldn't be too hard for me because I got my house clean yesterday and my car is in the shop getting the fuel pump replaced. Nice, huh? At least it happened the day the Emmertosn's left and not while they were here. It would have been very unfortunate for that to have cut in on our fun.

When "the girls" come to visit, it seems so normal to have them here. The kids play together like brothers and sisters and Annie and I could spend forever together and never get tired of eachother. Taylor, Payton and Hayden are so sweet and well-behaved. They are respectful and they bring such a light into our home when they are here. We know that we are blessed for being able to spend so much time visiting one another back and forth over last couple of years. If you add it all together, we have spent four and a half months total together between them coming here and us visiting Mobile. See? Lucky and blessed. Annie and Bryan's house has been for sale for almost a year and a half now. That's a long time, even in this crazy housing market. But, they are positive and faithful about it. They live their lives with optimism and know that when the time is right, that blessing will come. Their house is actually on the Roberts Brothers Realty caravan today, so we are crossing our fingers that an agent will see it and have the perfect buyer for them. If anyone needs a really great house on a quiet street in Mobile, AL - let me know!

So, they left at 4am to meet the Parkes in Evanston, WY. The Parkes have been staying in Ogden, north of here. They caravaned to Oklahoma City and stayed the night with the Mitchells. Annie called me at 1:00 this morning to let me know they had made it safely to OK. That's 21 hours on the road yesterday. Wow, Annie and Lisanka are MACHINES! This morning, Dianne, Lyla and Aidan will get in the car with Annie and Bradley will get in the car with the Parkes and they will make the 13 or so hour drive to Mobile. We are praying for their safe return home. I know Bryan and Will have missed their families. Thanks for letting them come, guys. And especially to Bryan: really THANK YOU for sharing your sweet family with us for the last month and a half. I know it hasn't been easy having them gone. Someday I hope to be able to repay your kindness.

Comments

Megan said…
They are such a cute group of girls! It is amazing that they were able to come and spend so much time with you guys. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my sister living so close. I hope they make it home safely as well!