You've gotta try this one..........


On Sunday nights around here we always make some kind of treat. We usually eat half and bring the rest to one of the neighbors. The treat almost always involves chocolate...or caramel. Last week Trent asked me if he could make something that didn't contain chocolate. Yeah, I know....I don't know where he came from. He wanted to find his own recipe online and make it himself. So, here is the recipe he found and made, literally, all by himself.......

Lemon Bars

1 3/4 c. flour
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. sugar
4 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. lemon juice
4 eggs, beaten

Mix first 4 ingredients and press into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (watch closely so they don't get too brown). Mix next 4 ingredients. Pour over hot crust and bake for 25 minutes more. Dust with powdered sugar. Cool and cut into bars.



So easy a 12-year-old can do it. Just kidding, Trent.
We cut these before they were completely cool, so they were still a little sticky. But, take it from me - they taste great...too great. We didn't share these...sorry friends.

Comments

kimntwins said…
Yes, I can attest to the fact that these ARE GREAT!! Thanks for the recipe, Lynne!
Nutty Newburns said…
Way to go Trent! Gotta love the independence and how awesome baking at 12 love it! It really does look yummy even if it doesn't have any chocolate!!
Andrea said…
Trent-good choice, I LOVE lemon bars and those look SUPER DUPER YUMMY!
Doney Days said…
What a cutie! Next time, I'll take some. :)
Susan said…
Those look yummy - I will try them for sure. Oh, and I love your new family picture although you'd look much better in orange and blue, jk!