3-13-11

I must say that I am over. the. top. excited to be called to serve on the Stake Girls Camp committee again this year. Girls Camp in our Stake is kindof a big deal. We will camp at the church-owned Heber Valley Camp for a week in June. We have lots of work to do to get everything ready for 350 girls and ward leaders. Last year was my first experience with Girls Camp in Utah and it was as unforgettable as anything I have ever done. The ten ladies on our committee became fast friends as we prepared to make Camp a spiritual, bonding experience for the Young Women in our Stake. I look back on that experience as one in which I felt the hand of the Lord guide us as we planned. I made friendships with Women that I will cherish forever. That is why I am so so happy to be working with the new Girls Camp committee that has been called in our Stake. It, too, is made up of wonderful, amazing women who I am sure will make Girls Camp this year an experience for the Young Women that they will hold as a precious memory in their hearts.

Tonight was the Stake Girls Camp Kick-off Fireside. The spirit was strong as we listened to talks about the theme that has been chosen for our Stake... "Lengthen Your Stride". The Young Women, their parents and leaders were challenged to "lengthen their stride" as they strive to live lives that are "virtuous, lovely, of good report, and praiseworthy". We were challenged to pick one thing that we can improve on and spend the next couple of months until Camp working to be better in that aspect of our lives. The evening was lovely and I thought the decorations were so fun and appropriate to get the Young Women excited about Girls Camp.


The boys at home felt a little left out that the cupcakes I made weren't for them, so we had our own little cupcake party at home before the fireside... boy style.

Comments